Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
There are several attractive tax benefits for gifts of appreciated securities, those you have owned a year or more.
- Bypass capital gains tax due on a sale of appreciated property by donating your appreciated securities.
- Your tax deduction is based on the current market value in the year the gift is made, not the purchase price. You can carry over any unused portion of this deduction for the next five years.
A policy becomes a gift for the Province of Our Lady of Consolation by simply naming the Province as a death beneficiary. Also you can give a paid-up policy to the Friars by transferring ownership of the policy to us. In this case, transferring ownership, you will be eligible for a charitable gift tax deduction.
CD, Money Market Account, Savings Account, Brokerage Account
Simply name the Province of Our Lady of Consolation, Inc. the beneficiary of these vehicles, payable upon your death -POD.
Retirement and Pension Funds
A gift can be accomplished by naming the Province as a beneficiary of the fund.
There are several facts you want to keep in mind when you are considering these gifts.
- We suggest that you consult your financial advisor before you make a gift.
- Tax laws change. Be sure your gift qualifies for a tax deduction before you proceed with a donation.
- You can give a portion of the asset, or the whole asset.
- Most of the time, it is acceptable to name more than one beneficiary.
When you make a gift, be sure to use the legal title of the Conventual Franciscan Friars, which is:
Province of Our Lady of Consolation, Inc.
We would like to provide you with further information pertaining to these various ways of giving. Choose the pamphlet(s) you would like, complete the form below, and the information will be mailed to you.